Nikola tries fairly hard to be compatible between versions. However, there were a few areas which were getting clunky, and needed fxing. So, here's what you may need to change in your site.
If you need to change anything else, or something breaks, please write at nikola-discuss and I'll add further tweaks here.
- The install_theme command is not working yet, get themes from https://github.com/getnikola/nikola-themes
- There is no equivalent for the jinja-default theme yet. If you have a custom, jinja-based theme, upgrading is probably a bad idea right now.
Themes have been renamed:
- site => bootstrap
- orphan => base
Themes have been moved out of nikola and into nikola-themes:
- default => oldfashioned at nikola-themes
- jinja-default => not there yet, coming soon
- monospace => monospace at nikola-themes
- site-reveal => reveal at nikola-themes
You may have to change your THEME setting, or change the parent if you are using a custom theme. Also, some templates have been tweaked, but nothing should break for you.
Facebook comments support changed the HTML tag to:
A number of options have been renamed. In all cases, the behaviour should be exactly as before. If it's not, let me know. Also, you will get warnings. That doesn't mean things broke. They are there to inform you of what's happening, and that you need to tweak your config.
All the deprecated options will work during the v6 cycle, and only be removed in v7, when those warnings will become errors.